WORK SCOPE: Lead design Interior Design concept, Custom furniture- and lighting design, custom finishes installations, and on site managing.
Ekstedt is a Guide Michelin starred fine dining restaurant in the city center of Stockholm, Sweden. It is owned and operated by Stureplangruppen & Niklas Ekstedt, Stockholm. Stureplansgruppen is one of Swedens largest hospitality groups. Niklas Ekstedt is a famous Swedish chef, TV personality and book author.
The Interior design is created to reflect the heritage of chef Ekstedt and the consistent and authentic cooking concept of only using basic fire for all dishes, without electrical support. All materials are natural / raw elements in warm tones enhancing and intensifying the impression of the fire as the central element and heart of the restaurant. Functional focus on flexible storage systems by the principal of a classic tools sheet, custom made in raw copper. The open kitchen and large service stations creates a platform of “performance” throughout the evening, for guests to view the magic of the open flame and their dishes being cooked from start to finish.
AWARDS & OTHER DISTINCTIONS:
- Awarded best Swedish restaurant design, The Swedish hospitality awards 2012
- Listed #2 by Zagat in “Hottest places to eat right now” world wide.
- Nominated Best Swedish restaurant, The Swedish Restaurant Awards 2014
- Awarded a Michelin Star, Guide Michelin 2013
- Awarded International Master Class, White Guide 2012
- Nominated Best Restaurant, the Stockholm Award 2012
- Awarded Best Restaurant 2012, Swedish Restaurant Award Gulddraken.
- Nominated Best Swedish Restaurant, The Swedish Restaurant Awards 2012
- Awarded The Culinary Sensation of the Year, White Guide 2012
- Awarded Master Class, White Guide 2012
- Listed #4 in Stockholm Hit List 2012, SCANORAMA SAS Business Travel magazine